to do in Powell River on a rainy day...
courtesy of Tourism Powell River
- Visit the local library!
- Visit the Forestry Museum!
- Take a 1.5 hour tour of the Pulp & Paper Mill!
- Visit the Historical Museum and its archives!
- See a movie at the Patricia Theatre!
- Dine at one of our many ethnic restaurants!
- Enjoy a drink at one of our many pubs or lounges!
- Visit our pottery shops!
- Browse the art galleries!
- Take a public bus tour of the town!
- Take a flight seeing tour or a heli tour !
- Visit one of our specialty shops and browse Marine Avenue!
- Visit the salmon hatcheries at Lang Creek or Sliammon!
- Dive the 9 foot bronze mermaid at Saltery Bay!
- Shop the Powell River Plaza, the Town Centre Mall, the Blue
Cat Mall or the Georgia Centre!
- Scuba dive the shipwrecks!
- Take in a hockey game at the Recreation Complex!
- Work out at a fitness centre!
- Swim laps at the 25m pool at the Recreation Complex!
- Play bingo!
- Enjoy a sauna or jacuzzi at the Recreation Complex!
- Enjoy live theatre at the Evergreen Theatre!
- Go 5 or 10 pin bowling!
- Ice skate or rollerskate at the Recreation Complex!
- Dive the iron mines near Lund!
- Visit Lund, the most northern point of Hwy 101!
- Dine with a fabulous view at Okeover Inlet or in Lund!
- Visit the shops on Texada!
- Scuba dive the mines off Texada!
- Attend one of our many festivals and events!
- Go for a fascinating hike under the protective canopy of the
rain forest with a native guide.
- Dive and visit with the wolf eels just off Texada Island!